Webinar Visual Analytics & Dashboard Design-Excel
i2VSA: Creating actionable information & insights
- 4 dagen
- Datum en locatie
- 5, 7, 10, 12 oktober 2022 - Online
- 08:30 - 12:30, 08:30 - 12:30, 08:30 - 12:30, 08:30 - 12:30
- Prijs ex. btw
- € 1.100,00 (leden) / € 1.175,00 (niet-leden)
- Finance Operations & Reporting, Online learning, Performance Management
- Bestemd voor
- Accountants in business, Controllers, Overige financieel professionals
The course is in English and the Excel parts are based on the English version of Excel.
As an RC, you will receive the membership fee
Finance professionals are dealing with increasing amounts of data and a growing demand for analytics to provide fresh insights and greater clarity for decision making. This online course teaches participants how to create and use advanced visual techniques to generate new insights, support better analysis and enable clearer decision making with better reports and 'one page/ one screen' dashboards.
In addition to its role in improving 'traditional' descriptive analytics, this course will also introduce the use of data visualisation as part of more advanced data analytics/ data science.
Participants successfully completing the optional post course project in dashboard design will be awarded an internationally recognised Certificate of Competency issued by the Institute of Business Analytics.
You will learn to:
- Use a proven process to clearly identify the information users need to take action and make key decisions.
- Apply an understanding of key aspects of human memory and visual processing to evaluate good and bad visual design for reports and dashboards and how to produce effective visual information.
- Apply advanced visual techniques to; identify and focus on priorities, make choices, explore data, generate insights, rapidly assess performance, see changing patterns, risks and trends.
- Identify the potential for information rich dashboards, how to design them to provide actionable information, what data to include/ use as supporting analysis and how to structure them to tell stories with the data.
- Design and build data visualisations and dashboards in Excel using advanced visual techniques not included as standard Excel charts.
- Apply the ideas of effective visual design for actionable information and insights to support development with other visual tools/ languages and for more advanced analytics such as Exploratory Data Analysis and simple prediction/ regression models.
The course is conducted in a highly participative workshop style, with practical group discussion and online break-out sessions.
The course is structured as follows into four sessions, each session is three hours long:
- Session 1: Actionable information and how to create it
- Session 2: Revision and practice with the new techniques
- Session 3: Dashboard design exercise in breakout groups
- Session 4: Introducing and delivering successful advanced dashboards into your organization
In between sessions: Participants will be given materials to practice building the new techniques. If participants require support/ demonstration this will be built in at the end of the online sessions. This enables participants to work on the 'hands on' at their own pace and get support if/ when they need it. Participants can also ask for help in between sessions or after the course.
Optional post course project: to apply the ideas learnt to build a dashboard for the participant's organisation. Successful completion will earn a certificate of competency in Visual Analytics and Dashboard design from the Institute of Business Analytics.
This course is for accounting, finance and other business professionals who want to:
- Prepare more effective, actionable information through better visual reports and dashboards.
- Identify fresh insights and patterns in data and understand the role of data visualisation in wider data analytics and data science.
- Understand what can/ should be done in terms of better information and analysis to adapt to the changing role of the finance function.
The companion course Webinar Business Analytics and Reporting (Excel i3BAR is recommended for participants who want to learn how to add automation of data updates, interactivity and to use a proven structure and method for robust and reliable Excel modeling.
Simon Lindley is an international trainer, speaker and consultant in business transformation through analytics, working across Asia, Europe and North America. Simon is a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Engineer (IT) and MBA with a Masters diploma in corporate governance. He also has training and qualifications in statistics and data science.