Webinar Data Analytics and the Future of Finance
How Data Analytics drives the changing role of Finance
Deze cursus is nog niet gepland, Klik hier voor ons totale cursusaanbod
This course consists of three parts addressing the importance of analytics to the future role of finance and the challenges and the opportunities. It introduces key analytics processes, techniques, tools and applications. It covers key issues as data availability, governance, skills required, role of technology vs people, and the reality of what 'Artificial Intelligence' and machine learning can and cannot do.
We'll discuss core analytics skills all finance professionals should develop and also introduce more advanced techniques that should be understood by those working on/leading analytics projects with technical specialists. The final part will guide participants to develop an action plan to improve both their personal and organisational capabilities in analytics.
During this course we'll work on the following learning objectives:
- Learn to identify where and how intelligent automation and other applications of analytics will drive business change and transformation of the business and finance function
- Recognise where and how the finance function and individuals need to change to stay relevant and add value
- Apply key approaches / principles for automation of reliable timely data
- Make better use of visualisation and dashboards for presenting information
- Recognise the key tools and techniques of analytics and how they are used
- Identify and apply data analytic thinking to solve business problems and challenges with analytics
- Plan for developing your organisation's readiness and capability in analytics
- Plan for developing your own analytics development
The course is structured as follows into three sessions, each session is two and a half hours long:
- Session 1: Context and big picture
- Session 2: Core tools and techniques
- Session 3: Data analytic thinking, developing and implementing analytics skills
There is no formal post course project - but participants are encouraged to use the provided organisational maturity questions and skills concepts discussed to help plan and develop their organisational and personal analytics skills after the course.
The course is conducted in a highly participative workshop style, with practical group discussion, case studies and exercises. It will cover ideas and approaches that participants can implement straight away, and also broader understanding of more complex ideas and techniques.
The course is not hands-on with any particular software, but will discuss common software types and tools (e.g. Robotic Process Automation, Excel, Power BI, coding tools) and guides participants to choose based on their own circumstances.
This course is for accounting, finance and other business professionals who want to develop an action plan to improve both their personal and organisational capabilities in analytics.
The following companion course is available that provides more in-depth development of some of the analytics skills discussed in this course:
Webinar Business Analytics and Reporting (i3BAR Excel is for participants who want to learn a comprehensive methodology to add automation of data updates, interactivity and to use a proven structure and method for robust and reliable Excel modeling
Simon Lindley is an international trainer, speaker and consultant in business transformation through analytics, working across Asia, Europe and North America. Simon is a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Engineer (IT) and MBA with a Masters diploma in corporate governance. He also has training and qualifications in statistics and data science.