Practical Tips for Controllers & CFO's
- 1 dag
- Datum en locatie
- 16 december 2019 - Badhoevedorp
- 10:00 - 17:30
- € 495,00 (leden) / € 595,00 (niet-leden)
- Persoonlijke vaardigheden, Specials, Strategie
- Bestemd voor
- Openbaar accountants, Accountants in business, MKB-accountants, Overheidsaccountants, Overige financieel professionals, Controllers
The course is presented in English
This one day course provides over 400 useful and unusual tips for accountants in financial leadership. The tips are illustrated through concrete examples derived from practical experience.
As an accountant, you must deal with all kinds of different issues and situations. You have your experience and what you learned from colleagues and mentors, but this course will provide you with many more veteran tips, including many unconventional ones. You won't find these tips in courses or text books, but you'll be able to use many of them. Value will also be derived from the sharing of experiences and practices by the participants. It provides specific opportunities for bench-marking some practices with those of your peers.
Over 7.000 accountants have attended this seminar internationally. The seminar was created and is presented by an experienced CFO, with extensive real-life insight.
This course will help participants in the following areas:
- Get great tips on key indicator reporting
- Learn extra creative thinking for accountants
- Cash flow crisis: what to do when it happens
- M&A: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Pick up fast close tips
- Develop more useful financial reporting
- Obtain useful and unusual leadership tips
- Get the most out of your bank
- Learn to work more effectively with lawyers and auditors
- Match negotiating approaches with situations
- Identify critical steps when changing jobs
- Acquire useful and unusual technology tips
- Learn ethical approaches to challenging situations
- It is appealing in that it's based on actual CFO experience
- Totally practical and Stephen made the course interesting
- Wide ranging, goes into non-financial areas I didn't expect it to go into that were very useful
- Several 'light bulb' moments (both new and reminders)
- Excellent use of examples to illustrate content/drive relevant points
- I liked the sharing of knowledge of unconventional tips, and practical ones as well
- It by far exceeded my expectations and provided a great deal of very useful information that I think will benefit me throughout my career
The course is aimed at accountants in leadership positions, such as controllers, CFO's and directors of finance, as well as those in public practice or consulting (especially those who advice businesses), as well as government- and not-for-profit accountants. It is also helpful for financial analysts and accountants moving toward senior leadership roles.
Mr. Stephen Priddle is the President and founder of Practical PD, Seminars for Accountants, as well as VP Finance and CFO of the SureWx group of companies. At SureWx, he is in charge of all aspects of the firm's financial operations, treasury, government funding, forecasting, tax and compliance. SureWx is a global aviation company that is a market leader in optimizing winter operations at airports around the world. He and three fellow company executives executed a Management Buyout of SureWx in 2015. Stephen has created and teaches a number of professional development, practical work tip seminars for over 40 organizations. He has also taught in a number of university and professional accounting programs. Stephen has over 35 years of business experience. After working with KPMG, he moved into industry. He has previously held financial leadership positions in both public and private companies, in several different industries. He has gained a wide range of experience in financial reporting, treasury management, merger & acquisition, and other business matters, and has been a Controller or CFO for the last 23 years. Stephen is also a prolific author. His published business cases are used by many organizations. Stephen obtained his CPA, CA and CMA designations following graduation from Carleton University with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree.